bulletproofheeb

bulletproofheeb

Doubt: A History: The Great Doubters and Their Legacy of Innovation from Socrates and Jesus to Thomas Jefferson and Emily Dickinson
Jennifer Michael Hecht
Philosophical Tales: Being an Alternative History Revealing the Characters, the Plots, and the Hidden Scenes That Make Up the True Story of Philosophy
Martin Cohen, Raul Gonzalez III
Schottenfreude: German Words for the Human Condition
Ben Schott
The Best American Short Plays 2010-2011

The Accidental Time Machine

The Accidental Time Machine - Joe Haldeman I wanted to like this but couldn't. The concept is intriguing and kept me reading until the end but I just couldn't buy the ending. The conceit of the book is that a man builds a push button time machine that launches him one way into the future at increasing increments. The cultures he lands in are interesting and are what kept me turning the pages but the plot goes nowhere. It reminded me of books by [author: Jonathan Carroll] or even the science fiction book [book: Highway of Eternity]. The problem with the ending to all of those, as well as this story, is that it concludes with a very unfulfilling Deus Ex Machina. The ride to the end is fun but it left me wanting more.