bulletproofheeb

bulletproofheeb

Doubt: A History: The Great Doubters and Their Legacy of Innovation from Socrates and Jesus to Thomas Jefferson and Emily Dickinson
Jennifer Michael Hecht
Philosophical Tales: Being an Alternative History Revealing the Characters, the Plots, and the Hidden Scenes That Make Up the True Story of Philosophy
Martin Cohen, Raul Gonzalez III
Schottenfreude: German Words for the Human Condition
Ben Schott
The Best American Short Plays 2010-2011

Ghost

Ghost - Alan Lightman Not very good. I fell in love with [Einstein's Dreams] by the same author and was hoping for more of the same. I wanted poetic magical realism. I wanted science looked at from a different angle. I wanted something refreshing.I didn't get that. All I got was a character study/slice of life about a dull, static guy who goes through an experience that seems more like a pain in the ass than an eye opening moment.The story is a guy loses his job and goes to work at a mortuary. He then sees "something". This something is never the focus of the story. This something's affect on him isn't either. Instead all we get to read about is the fallout from bad publicity and other people. The scientists area ll very close minded. The people who believe him are so open minded that everything appears to have fallen out. I was disappointed in the plotting, the characters and the overall depressed air that this book reeked of.On my personal scale from -5 to 5 I would give this book a -2.